5/28/20

Communion ...

What did Jesus say about it? He did not tell us how often, but he did say to do this in remembrance of him!


John 6:53-58 
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Recently, the Lord blessed me by making a way to partake of Communion at home again! It is such a blessing to remember Jesus each day! 

I put on the full armor of God for the spiritual battles each day but the ultimate humbling of my spirit to fight in this war is when I bow at Jesus' feet. Remembering His sacrifice, His blood shed for me, and His death on the cross that I might live eternally with God! Communion helps me remember that my Christian witness is Jesus working through me and it is not about me working for Him. I am an instrument. There is no work, Jesus paid it all. Salvation is freely offered to each of us ... because Jesus chose to make the Ultimate Sacrifice.

When I was working, I would regularly take communion. It helped me to focus and to be anchored in the Lord no matter what the chaos of the day might bring. Since I have retired, I have fallen away from taking communion. I noticed a marked difference, over time, in my ability to stay focused and pray effectively. 

I am not required to take communion, remembering Jesus every day. However, in these very evil and dark days, focusing on Jesus and following through as he commanded, gives me a stronger commitment and clearer thinking throughout the day! The early church took communion whenever they ate a meal together!

I am sharing this information because I am supremely blessed! It is my wish for you to be blessed, as well!

Maranatha,
Anna