5/30/20

There Is No New Thing Under The Sun ...

POWER of the Prayer Closet!

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 1:9

The following links are to a video and website that are most informative and encouraging for us today! I encourage you to read, watch, or both! I am and asking Holy Spirit to help me to apply this knowledge to my walk!



Matthew 6:5-6
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Do you have a prayer closet? It can be an actual closet or a place that you go to shut out the world and get alone with God. I have included, both video and a more detailed transcript, of David Wilkerson's sermon on the Power of the Secret Closet. As I came across the video, I knew this was an area for me to pay special attention to. I went searching for the sermon to receive an even deeper teaching on the subject. This is not just a quick study. I can tell that I must apply myself to this word as a whole meal and not just as an appetizer at the Lord's table.

This is required of me for not just my prayer time, but for my continued walk with the Lord. I want to draw even closer and this is the way. To spend more and quality time with the Lord. Shutting out the world and all distractions. Taking every thought captive unto Christ choose the more excellent thing -- sit at Jesus feet, as Lazarus' sister Mary did.{The link is to the verses on this}

Please take a moment to watch/listen to David's sermon. I pray you feel the urgency then to spend alone time with God! Perhaps Holy Spirit will use the sermon link, as He is with me, to dig deeper into God's word and get a clear understanding of what I am to learn and do for today! 

Be Encouraged and Be Blessed!
Heavenly Father, I pray for each person that you bring to this blog and especially to this post, that they will feel the special anointing of Holy Spirit on these words and for them to have eyes to see and ears to hear what is being said for these last days. Lord, there is an urgency in my spirit to get the word out. That today is the acceptable day of the Lord. Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. In Jesus name, Amen!

Maranatha,
Anna