8/9/16

Remember, There Will Come A Day

... when we will stand before God and give account of every idle word we have ever spoken. 
Matthew 12:36-37 (KJV)
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

All who come here and read these words: each person (no matter who they are) is precious to God. Where is the Lord in the condemnation of souls? Those who are lost, deceived, following false teachings; these should be fervently prayed for, not held up to the world to be ridiculed. The Pharisee spirit is one that says 'I am so glad I am not like that other person! I truly know God!'
God gave me these words to share here. Please go to this link, read it and pray about it.

Excerpt: John Fischer, author of the book '12 Steps for the Recovering Pharisee (like me)', writes
'What makes Pharisaical sin so dangerous is that it disguises itself as a form of enlightenment. This is what Jesus meant when he said,
"If the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (Matthew 6:23)
The darkness is great because one is deluded into thinking it is light. You think you are seeing better than anyone else, when, in fact, you can't see at all. This means the idea that what you can't see is farthest from you. A blind person knows he is blind. A Pharisee thinks he can see, and this is why the "light" within him is actually darkness.
The mark of Holy Spirit produced 'light' is humility.
So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5 )
When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!" (Luke 5:8)
Whereas the Pharisee 'light' produces the darkness of spiritual arrogance. They were proud of their righteous behaviour and drew their self worth from their righteous behaviour by setting their righteousness against the sinfulness in others around them.
"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. (Luke 18:11)
God always opposes the proud (James 4:6) hence Jesus' harsh proclamations of woe to them. End Excerpt.
I give this out of love not condemnation. May we each examine our hearts and our motives that we may be Wise Virgins awaiting our Bridegroom!

Maranatha,
Anna