12/6/20

An Amazing Man of God ...

[Original publish date: 6/26/20]

Went Home to Jesus yesterday, June 25, 2020.

I met William (Brother Billy) Forrest 53 weeks and 6 days ago. My best friend of 37 years and I went to lunch at Denny's & invited an older gentleman from her daughter's church to eat with us. Little did I know how that one lunch meeting would change my life!

Brother Billy's wife, Christine, went home to be with the Lord on December 31, 2010. He told us that it was 8 years, 6 months, and 13 days since she left him. During our lunch conversation it was revealed that Brother Billy and his Christine met in school. She was the only girl that Brother Billy ever kissed on the lips! After graduation, they married and started out as share croppers with $100 to their name. Brother Billy became a preacher and started churches in Georgia. Brother Billy said his Christine taught him the value of saving, so they always put a little back. He played guitar, self taught, and sang! It was always a joyful time to hear him play and sing! He always sang to Christine each night before he would go to sleep.

I have never seen a mortal love so deep as the one that Brother Billy shared with his wife, Christine! The purity of his love for her and hers for him will stay with me for the rest of my life and beyond! Yes, Jesus loves me unconditionally and nothing compares to that love! Brother Billy would totally agree!
Tammie and I went to visit Brother Billy last Saturday, June 20th. It was 53 weeks to the day since I first met him. Brother Billy joined in as he could when we sang these songs:
Power in the Blood,
Yes, Lord, Yes,
I'll Fly Away
When We All Get To Heaven
Amazing Grace
After worship in song, Brother Billy led all of us that were there in Communion. It was a wonderful time! I knew that this would be the last time I would see Brother Billy this side of Heaven! He passed away 4 days later. I cannot be sad ... he finished the race ... loving Jesus with his whole heart, mind, soul, and strength!

I just wanted to do a quick blog post to honor the man that the Lord allowed me to meet and gave me the privilege and honor to minister to through prayer cards and letters. I pray for a special anointing of Salvation on those cards and letters! That anyone that touches them or reads them will feel a mighty call of Holy Spirit to accept Jesus as their Savior! I don't think he ever knew what a blessing he was to so many, myself included! Brother Billy, after 9 years, 6 months and 25 days: you went home to meet Jesus and are reunited with your beloved Christine! We will miss you very much but are so happy you are HOME now and free of pain!



Be encouraged everyone! Look to the Lord! Rely and Trust in Him! We are in the final seconds before Jesus' return, nothing is happening here that God hasn't allowed. Christians, this is as bad as it gets for us! We go in the Rapture before the Tribulation starts. If you aren't saved, you need to give your heart to Jesus while there is yet time!

UPDATE: I also did not know, until a couple of weeks later, that meeting with Brother Billy at his house to sing and take communion together would be the last time my BFF & I would do anything together face-to-face. I did reach out to her in a letter on July 10, 2020 but nothing came of it.  God knew how, why, and when this would happen. Trust in Him for everything!

Maranatha,
Anna