1/5/17

Watch Your Words ...

Jesus meant it when he said we would be judged for every idle word we speak …
Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Many of us talk too much and our babbling gets us in trouble.
Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

We must learn to speak only what words are necessary to address the situation in a constructive manner. We must be sober-minded … especially when we are talking. Lets learn to take the time and make the effort to assess the situation and then choose the words we use wisely.
Titus 2:6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

TobyMac - Speak Life

We must not speak idle words. We must speak from our hearts (spirit) asking Holy Spirit for guidance. As an example: After I put on the Full Armor of God (Eph 6), I ask for the boldness of Holy Spirit and His Words to speak in His Perfect Timing.
James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

When I pray, if I don’t know what to say, I pray in the Spirit. That is how I am sure that I am praying God's Will -- for Holy Spirit will speak directly to God and I am taken out of the equation at that time.

Words - Hawk Nelson ft. Bart Millard (Official Music Video)

In His Service,
Anna